Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Pass bridge location...Thank you all.

joeluck

I found a luthier and got the center of the 12th fret etc. location..but no one can tell me the proper distence to the tail piece-that may be my problem. So it has to do with OVERALL string length to the tail piece as well...don't see why, but nothing seems to work. I may have moved/adjusted it...so the string intonation won't be right...and I don't strum it I finger pick and use a 2mm pick when I do pick..so thats not it, it may be my palm pressure so I will have to pin it.

I went with a tone a matic bridge because of the resonation on the E6 string reguardless of string size and pickup height...it helped greatly and improved sustain and intonation.

If I pin it, it has to be in the right location...thank you so much for your help and yeah, I took off the foam, sanded the finish lightly under the bridge and its a sanded on the surface bridge wood mount base...done properly.

Anyone use the Zebra's on this type of guitar? DK acoustic/electric. I want a warm -even sound without haveing to adjust an equalizer...I mixed Santana 11.5 bottems with the 48 tops and seems the best I can do. guess I may as well ask if anyone has added a piezo to the humbucklers... but thanks some great ideas...

I found a luthier and got the center of the 12th fret etc. location..but no one can tell me the proper distence to the tail piece-that may be my problem. So it has to do with OVERALL string length to the tail piece as well...

The tailpiece has nothing to do with intonation. Nut-2-Bridge is all that matters.

The tailpiece has nothing to do with intonation. Nut-2-Bridge is all that matters.

hi!

right. however, if you are not used to acoustic guitars, you should keep in mind that the tone of an acoustic significantly changes in the first few months - if it is being played ...

yours

wolfi

If you have taken the Rosewood bridge off, and replaced it with a TOM, then you may need to adjust each string via the TOM, trying to replicate the wood bridge as a guide.

Once you have the base set for correct intonation, for most of the strings, raising or lowering the others that are not quite right, will give you that last little tweek.

Archived