Gibson Brands Forums

Angus Young SG Standard Signed & Aged

GibSinCity

I thought there were only 50 that were signed aged, and 200 in the VOS.

Did he keep No.1 for himself?

From Gibson page:

"And with 50 guitars out of the total run of 250 aged in-house by Gibson and signed by Angus himself, this outstanding Custom Shop reproduction also nails the look of this legendary guitar, with upgraded modifications at Angus’s request, including an ebony fingerboard with “lightning bolt” inlays (a further 200 guitars will receive the VOS treatment). The Custom Shop Angus Young SG will also be sold with a custom Certificate of Authenticity, a Gibson Custom Shop hardshell case, and a full range of owner’s manuals and instruction sheets."

Here's number "51".

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-Gibson-Angus-Young-Signature-SG-51-/250731523605?pt=Guitar&hash=item3a60c36e15

• 1 year later...

I did call Gibson back when this thing was listed on Ebay. They did verify that that numbering issue is very common as the artist keeps one or sometimes 2 of the run. I'm still kicking myself for not buying this one... although another collector told me the strange numbers like that are sometimes hard to ever sell because people are skeptical. I like stuff with a story though, so I would have been happy! Still looking for one of these now!

Archived