Gibson Brands Forums

Is This a 57 Classic Plus pick-up?

bluesboy1

I just received a set of Gibson 57 Classic/Plus pickups from Musician's Friend. Their respective plastic cases and case literature identify them as the two different pick-ups. However, the white labels on the underside of both pickups say "57 + classic". Is this correct?

Thanx for your assistance,

cheers,

I just received a set of Gibson 57 Classic/Plus pickups from Musician's Friend. Their respective plastic cases and case literature identify them as the two different pick-ups. However, the white labels on the underside of both pickups say "57 + classic". Is this correct?

Thanx for your assistance,

cheers,

A '57 and a '57+ will work very well together. Put the "plus" in the bridge position and you will be further on your way to a more balance sound (and volume) than if they were the same pickup.

Hi L5Larry, thank you for the response. Packaging for the "57 Classic +" indicates that it is a neck position pup. Can i still install in bridge position?

Many thanx.

cheers

• 1 month later...

57 Classic + in the bridge

57 Classic in the neck

Great combo

Thanx tat. Could not open until xmas day (gift)and am currently waiting for amp tech to return on the 15th!!! And then it's onto the amp...

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I also received my 57 Classic Plus pickup today and was also confused.

The box does not say Plus anywhere

post-28993-086944900 1294745635_thumb.jpg

The sticker with the barcode says Plus, but neck position.

post-28993-026396800 1294745641_thumb.jpg

But the sticker on the back of the pickup says 57 + Classic, so I'm assuming I got the right pickup.

post-28993-094699300 1294745646_thumb.jpg

Archived