Gibson Brands Forums

Blueshawk help

bbaysdon

Hello

I just purchased a Gibson Blueshawk. It is a 1997 model and it plays great but after about 5 minutes of playing it starts to hum loud but will quit if I touch the bridge or strings. I looked inside and everything looks good. Anyone with any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello

I just purchased a Gibson Blueshawk. It is a 1997 model and it plays great but after about 5 minutes of playing it starts to hum loud but will quit if I touch the bridge or strings. I looked inside and everything looks good. Anyone with any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm gonna go out an a limb here, bbaysdon, one BluesHawk fan to another. And have to caution ya...I'm just learning about electric guitars so my notion could be all wet. [crying] But it seems to me I've heard this is a classic sign of a pickup grounding problem.

The fix has something to do with re-soldering a ground wire. If I'm right, well great. But get an opinion from someone who knows for sure before you do anything. There are lots of tech-knowledgeable people on this Forum.

Doug

Archived