Gibson Brands Forums

57 Classic Plus with 4 conductor wiring?

Adib

Well, I've bought an Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop 57 Limited Edition (ENP7MGNH3) (you can read more about it and see pictures on this topic: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/58218-epiphone-les-paul-goldtop-57-limited-edition-enp7mgnh3/ ).

Then, I've just changed strings for the first time these days, and I took the oportunity to see what pickups the guitar had. I knew they weren't epi standard pickups, because they don't had that epi stick on them when I bought the guitar (bought it new on a local store), they had just a clean stick, just like gib pickups. But when I took a look at the pups, it surprised me:

dsc04968v.jpg

dsc04967x.jpg

they really looks like 57 classic, and they're 4 conductor wiring pickups (the guitar has push pulls serie/parallel coil).

I can guarantee that this guitar hasn't been modified, because I bought it new, and was imported by the oficial gibson/epiphone dealer here in brazil. And epi wouldn't put fakes in it's guitar.. It would be easier to just put some epi 57 classic, that comes standard in the majority of epi guitars.

But, there's one thing concerning me right now... does gibson make 4 wiring 57 classic plus? the 57 classic is made in 4 wiring conductor for some time.. but I can't find anything about 57 classic plus in 4 wiring conductor..

I'm asking this, because the pickups lacks high end for my taste.. and, I've never played on any 57 classic pickup before.. so I can't confirm they are the real thing by just listening to them..

• 3 weeks later...

They do make a 4-wire classic, but so far I've only ever seen it in the Les Paul Traditional Pro. You can't buy them as an accessory and usually have to get them used from someone who pulled them from their Trad Pro. Pretty cool yours came with them. I'd pull them if you ever sell that guitar ;)

They do make a 4-wire classic, but so far I've only ever seen it in the Les Paul Traditional Pro. You can't buy them as an accessory and usually have to get them used from someone who pulled them from their Trad Pro. Pretty cool yours came with them. I'd pull them if you ever sell that guitar ;)

thnkz for the reply [biggrin]

I've learned that the epiphone les paul tribute came with these two pups with 4 wires, tone push pulls, switchcraft 3-way switch and malory tone capacitors, and my guitar has all of those too, so, probably, it shares the same eletrics of the les paul tribute. the guitar is a sam ash exclusive, and is listed at $499, a real Steal! [flapper]

Archived