Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson GT70 1x12 combo amp

Steelworker04

I recently accuired a gibson GT70 1x12 combo amp. It is a great little hybrid amp with two 6L6 tubes in the preamp and the rest is solid state. Its power output from what I've found is 85 watts RMS with a 120 watts with the extension speaker option in use. I got the amp from a friend who I think was trying to eliminate a horrible hum the amplifier had and needless to say he had it good and screwed up. When I got it all the resistors in the pre-amp stage were disconnected and there was no volume, well very little volume. I would really like to fix this amp but I can't get a schematic anywhere I've even contacted Gibson directley and no luck. Someone please help!!!!!

Try contacting Groove Tubes (1-800-459-5687).

They have a huge collection of schematics, many of which are published in Aspen Pittman's book "The Tube Amp Book". I just made a quick check in my copy of "Volume 3", but did not see one for the GT-70

Try contacting Groove Tubes (1-800-459-5687).

They have a huge collection of schematics, many of which are published in Aspen Pittman's book "The Tube Amp Book". I just made a quick check in my copy of "Volume 3", but did not see one for the GT-70

Thank you for your input I'll give them a call I think I was on their site but it was down. I have a friend who has some kind of degree in electronics unfourtunatley he moved away but he said to test all the capacitors in the pre-amp so thats where i'm headed on the project next. Thank you again

Archived