Gibson Brands Forums

Question concerning pickguard mounting brackets

Supersonic

My older brother has a newer model Sheraton II and apparently he wants to change the pickguard to one that doesn't have the "second screw showing"? The screw closest to bridge pickup like Epi's have, if that makes any sense? I told him he would probably have to get a new mounting bracket like Gibson's have, but I have no knowledge about different pickguard brackets and such so I told him I would ask about it on the trusty old Epi forum. So please feel free share any info you guys might have about this.

Yeah, he'll have to get a Gibson style one. They can be sourced for places like Allparts and StewMac.

Basically instead of a screw through the top of it, it has a plastic piece that has to be glued to the underside of the pickguard, that you thread the bracket into.

You can even go the no-screw route by using 3M double-sided mounting tape for the top of the pickguard. It's been working nicely on my Dot for over 2 years.

Which is absolutely fine, if it never leaves your house. As soon as you put something on with tape and take it somewhere it will fall off. Trust me.

Thanks guys. I found THIS ONE at All Parts. Think it will fit on an Epi? I'm thinking that would make a pretty cool Christmas present.

It should. The supplied screw may not fit right, but that's easy enough to take care of. Also he'll need a new pickguard, unless he wants one with a hole in it.

Archived