Gibson Brands Forums

Memphis "Limited Run" Questions

Mr. 355

I'm diggin my 355 but was wondering just how many 'limited run' guitars they made in Memphis.

I cannot seen to find much info on this model.

Also no COA - I've read that prior to 2008 none came with one. Can anyine confirm?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

When I bought my limited run diamond dot 335 I contacted gibson customer service europe for info. They were very helpful confirming date of manufacture etc. However gibson memphis could not or would not confirm how many of them were made they did say that identical limited run models can again be produced if they think demand is enough unlike limited editions with which manufacture will not be repeated

The "limited run" and "exclusive" monikers might cause you to think only a small number of guitars are produced, but that's not always the case, and the total number of instruments aren't always made available. Gibson usually doesn't give out production numbers, except for official limited edition instruments, which usually have the production number on the back of the headstock (like in the pic) and the total run number is given. In the case below 1000 were made world wide and the number was given on the Gibson GOTM website.

LPPushToneheadstockback_zpsa8e4cf04.jpg

Archived