Gibson Brands Forums

SG special faded brown

tattoo1

Thanks for all the suggestions, but i think i found one that at least helped alot, static buildup on the plastic pickguard from dry air in the house, to fix this i rubbed down my pickguard and the tops of my pickups with a simple dryer sheet! now, i have pickup covers so i dont know if it will work if you dont have them? glad to hear from anyone if this works for you/ or you have another idea.

If you are getting squealing, ouchy feedback; to me that sounds a lot like the pickups are microphonic. This is caused by air gaps between the pickup covers and the pickups (sorry, I do not know a more in depth explanation). Did you wax pot the pickups after you installed the covers?

If you are getting squealing, ouchy feedback; to me that sounds a lot like the pickups are microphonic. This is caused by air gaps between the pickup covers and the pickups (sorry, I do not know a more in depth explanation). Did you wax pot the pickups after you installed the covers?

hey thanks ,that might be it? i did wax the inside of the cover before i put them on, but i dont think they are the correct spacing for seymour duncan pickups, i didnt think it made that much differance ?

Here is a good test. Take the strings off, plug the guitar in, crank your amp, and slowly place the guitar in front of the amp. Even try lightly tapping the pickups with a pick. Do you get the squeal? Then they are microphonic.

Archived