Gibson Brands Forums

Triggerman Amp - review

I've had the Triggerman 60 for a few weeks. Here's my review:

This amp has one of the best sounding clean channels I've heard on a solid state amp.

The tube sound circuitry helps to provide a fairly warm sound for both my humbucker and P90 equipped guitars.

The reverb is also good. Sometimes the reverb on SS amps can be nearly unusable. This one is nice.

The DSPs are a mixed bag. You can't adjust the depth or intensity of the effects so your only option is

the pre-set levels. I'll use my delay pedal instead of the delay DSP. I can use the least intense settings

for the flange and chorus but the others add too much of the effect for my tastes.

I don't use the overdrive channel. I much prefer my overdrive pedals.

Which leads me back to the clean channel. I used to think my pedals (Boss Super-overdrive, Vox Valvetronix,

Boss '65 Twin Reverb) didn't provide the sounds I wanted. On this amp they sound great. In fact, I had considered

getting rid of the '65 Twin pedal. Glad I didn't because on this amp it provides exactly what I've been looking for.

Final conclusion - I'm very happy with this amp. The clean channel sounds great on it's own and handles my pedals very well.

post-27190-088207700 1295787682_thumb.jpg

Archived