Gibson Brands Forums

Standard Riviera

jsa11

As the topic says, I live in the US, and across several message boards it's always mentioned that while the Riv's with the mini-humbuckers and the frequensators are unavailable here, they can be bought by "special order." I was just wondering how one would go about doing this, or is it even cost effective to do so?

Thanks

According to Epi1:

"The Riviera Reissue is available in the USA via AIMM (Alliance of Independent Retailers). See HERE for dealer locations."

My problem is that the chain around here that is an AIMM member (George's Music) is mainly an Ibanez dealer. They don't stock much Epiphone, and definitely not the Riv, so I'd have to put down a deposit sight unseen, and probably pay full boat.

Interesting that you mention this. I have attempted to contact a few AIMM dealers that don't seem to know about the Limited ED Riviera, So I gave Gibson/ Epi customer service a call and was told that it din't even show up on there pricing list and he didn't have any info available to help me locate one. If anyone out there knows where to find one please shoot me a PM, I've been searching for months with no luck so far.

mgm

Archived