Gibson Brands Forums

Speaker Comparison Demo

Kimbabig

The Celestion to me has a brighter top end - a bit of sizzle and sparkle. The Texas Heat

seems to have more emphasis on the upper mids. Guess it depends on what you want. I voted

that the clean sound of the Celestion was better but liked the distorted sound of both

together. I assume you are considering mixing them in a cabinet? I think that sounds like

a good combination. Since they each bring something nice to the party, why not mix them?

i thought the g12-75 had more of an open sound, more interesting, and the texas heat sounded real closed-in and constipated to me. i can see where someone would prefer the texas heat with it's less complex harminic's working well with heavily distorted sounds from, say pre-amp distortion or pedals.

the texas heat, is that an eminence product? in my experience, i have found eminence speakers to be usually the most colorful and having more, i guess, fidelity.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, this wans't really me looking for anything in particualr, I just wanted to get into sound demos, and be able to help out people with comparisons in the future. But I really appreciate the feedback from you guys.

Archived