Gibson Brands Forums

I'd Like To Go 1 Year Back In Time

neilpanda

So just aboot a year ago, the world's eyes were on Vancouver. Boy do I miss those days

I was partying with he whole city for 17 days. Everywhere you were outside, you always

heard a "GO CANADA GO!" somewhere. I walked downtown almost everyday. I did not drive.

I commuted with all the other canadians and tourists, Canadian, American, Chinese, Swedish...

I didnt wash my 2010 team canada jersey the whole time, it got dirty, but that was the spirit.

I dunno I think I got like at least 500 high-fives from my fellow canadians. I remembwr

where I was when we got our first gold on cypress mountain, downtown, the national anthem

started playing, everyone started cheering, I saw the rings in coal harbor turn to gold.

but the biggest memory was being at home, on the last day, watching the big game.

I was jumping up and down and couldnt stop smiling in the dying 3rd period, the you americans

scored. I felt a great canadian depression through me. [crying] but in OT, I heard mister crosby

call for that puck, I saw that puck in the back of the net and almost broke my TV! I

already set my 4x6ft flag on my hockey stick, I stayed in for a bit of the awarding,

I immediately got in the truck with a friend, put the stick in the rig I put in his truck bed,

and we went for a joy ride. across north and west van we went. driving safely and with pride.

over the beautiful lions-gate bridge, and into the heart of downtown, honking, and shouting.

we drove about 20k/h through downtown getting honks and high-fives through the window.

boy do I miss those days

heres the guy that was at EVERY SINGLE team canada hockey game during the olympics

25659_330609789409_330609054409_3464032_5455645_n.jpg

Archived