Gibson Brands Forums

339 Figured Red Top

astav

Howdy friends. Picked up an '08 339 with the figured top in red a while back. It is in mint condition and is beautifully set up. It's so nice, in fact, that it has spent almost all of its time in its case. I'm not exactly easy on my guitars, so I've decided to move it on to someone who's more responsible and replace it eventually with more of a beater. Here's my question: does the figured top make much difference in terms of resale? I know to buy one new it's like $1000 or so more, but what about on the resale side? I've checked the usual suspects on ebay and haven't been able to glean much. Thought I'd throw it to the experts here before listing it anywhere. Here are a couple of quick pics I just took. Thanks!

th_SAM_0375.jpg

http://s619.photobucket.com/albums/tt273/astav1/es%20339/

There's one on Ebay now for 1950.00. Really a fair price except no-one that wants it for just playing is going to pay 500.00 more for it.. I agree with the collector comment. That one online looks like it's had a fair bit of hard use as well. Not sure why he listed it as Immaculate. Maybe it's just the poor picture quality you get with Ebay. If you list yours there make sure you post your pictures in the description. That way you can really see a nice veiw of the guitar. Maybe wait and see what it sells for. Yours will be going to it's 3rd owner? If that's correct hopefully you have the paperwork. It always makes me wonder why a guitar gets passed around. What's so wrong with it??

Archived