Gibson Brands Forums

Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Shnate McDuanus

Hahaha...yes so good. Too bad they only did the one album...

Yeah man.

Hey, knowing all the guys in that band, I consider just about anything to be possible from here on out. [smile]

BTW, I really dig Praxis now, too. [thumbup] Although it's very hard for me to choose a favorite piece or album from them. I think it's "Deathstar" from Sacrifist, but that could change at any moment.

Yeah man.

Hey, knowing all the guys in that band, I consider just about anything to be possible from here on out. [smile]

BTW, I really dig Praxis now, too. [thumbup] Although it's very hard for me to choose a favorite piece or album from them. I think it's "Deathstar" from Sacrifist, but that could change at any moment.

Well...Buckethead is more reclusive now than ever before and seems to prefer working on his own these days...I would like to see him work with Brain, Bootsy and Les again, but I just don't know...Bootsy has his "Funk U" going on....Brain is doing something with a keyboard lady named Melissa and who knows what Les is up to! :)

Tell me you have the Praxis album "Transmutations"....its just about the best thing they've ever done....in my top 10 for sure!!!

Well...Buckethead is more reclusive now than ever before and seems to prefer working on his own these days...I would like to see him work with Brain, Bootsy and Les again, but I just don't know...Bootsy has his "Funk U" going on....Brain is doing something with a keyboard lady named Melissa and who knows what Les is up to! :)

Tell me you have the Praxis album "Transmutations"....its just about the best thing they've ever done....in my top 10 for sure!!!

True, but if they've changed their ways once, who knows? I'm keeping optimistic--although yeah, Buckethead's gotten more reclusive, regrettably, and it seemed like he was having some health problems for a while. I think Bernie Worrell is pretty open to new projects right now, and Les has been collaborating with everybody under the sun for some years now. Brain, yeah, is a little preoccupied with that project right now.

Oh, and I've got copies of Transmutation, Sacrifist and Metatron. They're all great!

One never knows, but I hear tell of a new Primus album... [drool]

Well...there have been some rumors. ;) :)

Actually, here's a little something from a letter on Les' website:

The Primus record is nearly done. For those of you that enjoyed the new song, "Last Salmon Man", that we played New Year's, you'll love the record because every song basically sounds exactly the same as that one. In fact, we just kept recording the same song over and over and I would just change a few of the lyrics around. I hear that's the way Pink Floyd used to do it and those guys are no slouches.

(My manager got bent out of shape for me writing that last bit about the record and he wanted me to change it so, here is what I'm changing it to...)

The Primus record is nearly done. Every song is pretty much a variation of "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult. Everyone should buy two copies.

So... :lol: [woot]

Well...there have been some rumors. ;) :)

Actually, here's a little something from a letter on Les' website:

The Primus record is nearly done. For those of you that enjoyed the new song, "Last Salmon Man", that we played New Year's, you'll love the record because every song basically sounds exactly the same as that one. In fact, we just kept recording the same song over and over and I would just change a few of the lyrics around. I hear that's the way Pink Floyd used to do it and those guys are no slouches.

(My manager got bent out of shape for me writing that last bit about the record and he wanted me to change it so, here is what I'm changing it to...)

The Primus record is nearly done. Every song is pretty much a variation of "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult. Everyone should buy two copies.

So... :lol: [woot]

Sweet! [thumbup]

Guess I'll need to go get a cowbell so I can get the mood right when jamming along to my two copies of the album. :lol:

Archived