Gibson Brands Forums

and now for something completely different...

tartanbeastie

Tatties to be precise, and am not talking the "Wolfstone" tune either.

I know most folks on this side of the pond refer to them as potatos but I'm still a Scot abroad so to speak. The wife and i are finally at the stages that when the snow finally ****s off we can get started with our garden, its a new house and we got the top soil etc delivered too late last summer to do much other than start planning.

Anyways.... when I was still living in Scotland I always grew vegetables including my favorite type of potato, when i came to Canada I had a quick look around and came to the conclusion I was going to have to find a new favorite, I discovered, randomly this morning that I can indeed get my favorite Pink fir apple seed potatos from a place in Alberta...Yeah its pretty sad to get so excited over silly things such as seed potatos but if you have tasted them you'll know why i was P.O'd thinking i was going to have to do without.

Anyway, i just wanted to share my happy experience from this morning. Oh yeah, has anyone been in a similar situation.. moved house and not been able to get something you really like in your new location?

Oh and you should try and find the wolfstone tune "tatties" its rather good.

I never tried to grow potatoes. I live 15 minutes from the state's potato capital,

so they are abundant and cheap. That said, they are just plain old potatoes and not

too exciting. Yours sound interesting (though they probably wouldn't grow down here

anyway).

Archived