Gibson Brands Forums

Is it me?

LarryUK

Lash...

I guess I'm a mean old man, but I'd figure it's my house: Do what is courteous or leave.

When I moved here at an age well over 50, I stayed a while with my own parents. It was the first time I'd lived in the same town, let alone same house, since I was 16. They knew where I was, when I'd be where, if I were to plan dinner with them or not... etc., etc. And as I said, I was well over 50.

No courtesy... tough. Leave.

EDIT: I note also that the teenagers here find the situation to be your house, your choice. Three cheers for "our" young people. You're not a grownup if you lack courtesy. Some of these "kids" may be 16, but it sounds as if they're well on the way to being true adults.

m

Lat night I had an almighty bust up with my son(27).

I was on my laptop looking into a problem for someone on the net.

He's been having a problem with this map thing for 'Black ops' on his PS3.

He just walks into the lounge, says 'I'm re-booting the router' and just turns it off. I told him I was doing something

Yet he just turned it off. This happened four times before I blew my top.

Am I just a moaner? He calls me a stress head. I think it's just ignorent and disrespectful to do it.

He should have waited until I'd finished.

What would you young one's parents say?

What would you parents say?

A 27 year old man should act older.

I'm guessing he lives with you. Time for him to flee the nest.

You can show him my thread. My 27 year old married son is my IT guy at my home. He has his own family, in his own home. But he works for supper. He is more respectful than this.

I don't care if you were playing Solitaire, he should explain the situation to you and allow you enough time to finish what you are doing. Anyone else in the house as well.

I expect this kind of behavior from a 5th grader. I don't tolerate it, but I expect it.

Lashurst's son:

* Grow up.

* Apologize to your dad.

* Move out.

* Take your child's game (PS3) with you.

Nope, moving out is not a punishment. It's a boost to your self esteem and maturation.

Archived