Gibson Brands Forums

es295/225 bridge/tailpiece posts/feet

zimmer32

Can anyone help with posts/feet/thumbwheels for bridge/tailpiece on es295/225?

Originals are obviously hard to come by, but I've seen old posts on forum from a guy who made his using 3 thumbwheels - 2 to form the feet & one becoming the height adjuster.

Can anyone who owns one of these guitars help me with measurements e.g. diameter of feet & post that screws into hole on each side of bridge?

All help appreciated.

Hello Zimmer, I see no one has answered your post so I will try and give you some information. I have a ES225T with the orig. Les Paul tailpiece/bridge combination. The feet are approx. .625" in diameter as are the knurled adjusters,the feet are .25" thick and the adjusters about .10" thick the threaded posts are .140-.145" and are approx. 3.5" apart on center. The bridge or bar that hold the strings is approx. .55" in diameter, 4.19" long with the string holes about .41" apart. The overall lenth to the adjuster posts on the bridge is 9" on the bass side and 9.5" on the treble side. These dimentions are all approxamate but pretty close. The only problems with this set up is lack of perfect intonation on all strings and the tendancy of the bridge/tailpiece to move side to side. The string tension, even with .012 strings is really low and most people think I have light strings on the guitar. I have thought about installing a regular tail piece and an adjustable floating bridge with out modifing the guitar and keeping the tailpiece with the guitar but I don't know what effect this would have on the sound of the guitar. I just picked up a 1993 Guild X-170 which is a little thicker than the ES225T and plays like a dream so I may just leave the ES225T as it is and live with it's short commings since the sound and playabilty is really great. If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer if I can. I hope this helps and good luck. John

Archived