Gibson Brands Forums

12" Replacement Speakers On eBay..........CHEAP!

gearhead

I've been shopping around for some 12" speakers to stick in an old 2x12, vented guitar cab that I pulled from the bed of a pickup that was going to be crushed at the wrecking yard. It had a couple of old (1968 or 1978) Fender units made by CTS in it with the paper rotting away. Kinda looks like an old Fender cab, but the original back panel, and so the tag also, is gone.

But anyway, I found a place on eBay selling "Famous Name 12" Guitar Speakers" for, get this, $12.99 + $11.00 s+h each (2nd unit for $8 more).

He's only got like 34 left the last time I looked. Think I'm going to order 2 more!

Famous Name 12" Guitar Speakers

So I ordered 2 on the 11th and they were on my doorstep on the 14th!

I installed them in my 2x12 cab and hooked up my little Peavey Envoy to it. WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT! SOUNDS LIKE A DIFFERENT AMP!

(I bought them to use with the Envoy for portability and sound, as the stock 10" SUCKS BAD!.)

Now I won't tell you exactly what the brand name on these are, but it starts with an "E", and they are manufactured in, where else, China!.

They are 35 watt, 8 ohm.I would recommend them for use in a closed or vented cab, not sure about an open back, although the suspension is pretty stiff.

This is the best deal I've seen on a NEW set of 12" GUITAR SPEAKERS. They sounded a little nasal with the controls set up like I had it for running the 10".

A little tweaking and WOW! So now I've got a 2x12 extension cab with new speakers and less than $50 into it.

These are the photos that appeared with the listing:

spk_0939.jpg

spk_09399.jpg

em_0938.jpg

Archived