Gibson Brands Forums

On my want list: A paisley patterned nehru jacket

Sancho Panza

One reason some of the jackets look "short" is that the people were.

Just a thought.

My 5-button officer's "sack coat" of the 1860-80 period is much longer than a current-style suit jacket that derived from it.

m

Really makes one wonder what else is on your want list - actually it's probably better if we don't know! [confused]

Your post made me laugh because one of the few photo's I have of myself as a kid I'm wearing a Nehru jacket in paisley just like your looking for. I'm probably eight or nine so it was probably mid 60's. Apparently that was my easter dress up clothes at least for my hippie parents, almost everything we had was paisley or tye-dyed except for those long sleeved wooly looking shirts that had three bone toggles on the front and a hood which I wore through much of the 70's

One reason some of the jackets look "short" is that the people were.

Just a thought.

My 5-button officer's "sack coat" of the 1860-80 period is much longer than a current-style suit jacket that derived from it.

m

Milo, you don't happen to know what these jackets are called? Civil war jacket is the only one a can think of, and I've never seen such a jacket with pocekts like his.

555_Burlington_Express.JPG

Sancho... that looks a lot newer than CW era in the US. Especially the pockets.

My short jacket with a short standup collar is a "roundabout." The more or less "suit jacket" length one is a sack coat. A longer one kinda like my roundabout but with a long "skirt" would be a "frock coat." Up through captain rank it was just the single row of buttons; senior officers had "double breasted," in the Union Army anyway. The Confederate Army had somewhat more modern uniform styles.

m

Archived