Gibson Brands Forums

Help identify my Les Paul Classic

Quicktap

I bought this les paul classic a little while ago, the price tag was $2999.99, i got it for $1999.99, anyway...i was told by the guy at the music store that it was one of only 72 produced.....i wrote to gibson but got no help, the headstock number is 072072

post-31779-057371500 1300454414_thumb.jpg

Gibson LPCS Les Paul Classic Electric Guitar with Case

The Gibson Les Paul Classic delivers the ultimate blend of features from the Les Paul Custom and Les Paul Standard with the addition of EMG active pickups for even more brutal tone.

The Classic features Gibson's slim-taper neck, a rosewood fingerboard and EMG 81/85 set. When compared to the '59 round neck the slim-taper neck shape is substantially faster. First introduced on the 1960 Les Paul Standard, it has become a favorite of guitarists around the world. The body is the famous combination of mahogany and maple. This combination of woods, plus the ultra-hot active EMG humbucker set produces the blinding, sustaining tone that only a Les Paul can deliver. Other features include nickel hardware, black binding on the body, and a mahogany neck. Includes deluxe hardshell case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

les paul classic

That's a nice LP man

p47044.jpg

Gibson LPCS Les Paul Classic Electric Guitar with Case

The Gibson Les Paul Classic delivers the ultimate blend of features from the Les Paul Custom and Les Paul Standard with the addition of EMG active pickups for even more brutal tone.

The Classic features Gibson's slim-taper neck, a rosewood fingerboard and EMG 81/85 set. When compared to the '59 round neck the slim-taper neck shape is substantially faster. First introduced on the 1960 Les Paul Standard, it has become a favorite of guitarists around the world. The body is the famous combination of mahogany and maple. This combination of woods, plus the ultra-hot active EMG humbucker set produces the blinding, sustaining tone that only a Les Paul can deliver. Other features include nickel hardware, black binding on the body, and a mahogany neck. Includes deluxe hardshell case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

les paul classic

That's a nice LP man

p47044.jpg

Thanks man!

This looks like a dealer edition, not from the standard product range. I found this on Google, it was offered by ZZ Sounds in the past. Quote:

Manufacturer's Description for Gibson Les Paul Classic Electric Guitar with Black Binding EMGs

The Classic features Gibson's slim-taper neck, a rosewood fingerboard and EMG 81/85 set. When compared to the '59 round neck the slim-taper neck shape is substantially faster. First introduced on the 1960 Les Paul Standard, it has become a favorite of guitarists around the world. The body is the famous combination of mahogany and maple. This combination of woods, plus the ultra-hot active EMG humbucker set produces the blinding, sustaining tone that only a Les Paul can deliver.

Other features include nickel hardware, black binding on the body, and a mahogany neck. Includes deluxe hardshell case.

Unquote. Hope this helps.

This looks like a dealer edition, not from the standard product range. I found this on Google, it was offered by ZZ Sounds in the past. Quote:

Manufacturer's Description for Gibson Les Paul Classic Electric Guitar with Black Binding EMGs

The Classic features Gibson's slim-taper neck, a rosewood fingerboard and EMG 81/85 set. When compared to the '59 round neck the slim-taper neck shape is substantially faster. First introduced on the 1960 Les Paul Standard, it has become a favorite of guitarists around the world. The body is the famous combination of mahogany and maple. This combination of woods, plus the ultra-hot active EMG humbucker set produces the blinding, sustaining tone that only a Les Paul can deliver.

Other features include nickel hardware, black binding on the body, and a mahogany neck. Includes deluxe hardshell case.

Unquote. Hope this helps.

Thanks man, good guitar ifo is always good ahah

I saw that guitar in a Long & MQuade in canada here about two years ago. The white turns more creamy as it wears. I remember the store selling it for $1699.99 CDN...I wanted it sooo bad but didn't have the funds at the time. When I went back to get it, it was gone :(

Archived