Gibson Brands Forums

Amp Question

Namvet

I have a Vibro Champ XD I'm playing my Studio 50s tribute through in the house. The amp can be plugged into a cabinet and states the speakers have to be 4 ohm minimum. I am thinking of building my own 2 X 10 but being the electronics dummy I am, my question is must I use 4 ohm speakers or can I use 8 ohm? From what I've read, plugging into a cab should increase volumn. My goal is to be able to use the low watt vibro champ for jamming. You folks seem to know a lot more about this stuff than I. Can you give me some advice and direction on whether this is workable. Thanks

Gibson Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute

Fender Stratocaster

Fender Acoustic

Guest FarnsBarns

Two 8 ohm speakers in parallel is 4 ohms. In series they are 16ohms. Just make sure you wire them in parallel. From the input, wire one speaker, then run cables from positive on that speaker to positive on the other and the same for the negative.

Thnx. Fender Tech Support has never even bothered to to reply. Still a couple of months out for the project. Got some honey-dos to get done as soon as the weather breaks before I can start.

Archived