Gibson Brands Forums

Help me I.D. Les Paul model

allenclan

A Plain top has the grain top to bottom in large sections

A Plus top has the grain across in thin bands from A to AAA the thinner it gets see my sig for this (the 59's the most obvious)

It certainly looks nice. Does the plus top affect playability, or is it strictly an aesthetic option? BTW, I don't think this one has it.

What makes you so sure it's Korean? Just wondering...

Kluson Tuners where on Korean models and China ones have Grovers as standard

Thats my thinking

It certainly looks nice. Does the plus top affect playability, or is it strictly an aesthetic option? BTW, I don't think this one has it.

No its just aesthetic option their both Maple topped so it makes no difference to the tone or resonation

I would appreciate help in identifying which model of Les Paul this is. I'm new to the Epiphone world and so many of them look very similar.

The owner sent me a serial number of I99101461. Would I be able to identify the exact model by this serial number?

The owner sent me a serial number of I99101461. Would I be able to identify the exact model by this serial number?

It should be a Les Paul Standard made in Saein (Korea) in October of 1999. It looks like a Plus Top but like SolidSnake said, it's hard to tell from the pic.

Archived