Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone swingster bridge seat, question

LimerickRake

Hi, I just removed the bridge/bridge seat of my new epiphone swingster to adjust the bridge, my only question is, is the bridge seat, the wooden piece, uniform? I mean, is it meant to go one way or the other or does it not matter, I know of course the bridge has to be positioned a certain way but does it matter if I put the seat back on opposite of stock?

Hi, I just removed the bridge/bridge seat of my new epiphone swingster to adjust the bridge, my only question is, is the bridge seat, the wooden piece, uniform? I mean, is it meant to go one way or the other or does it not matter, I know of course the bridge has to be positioned a certain way but does it matter if I put the seat back on opposite of stock?

I doubt it, it's symmetrical isn't it.

I doubt it, it's symmetrical isn't it.

I think I figured it out. It's that however I had screwed it back in, I created a gap between the base of the bridge seat and the guitar, there still appears to be a small gap on the high-E side of the bridge, but I think that's unavoidable considering the shape of the guitar. I believe that gap was creating the intonation problems I was having with my G string as well, as the problems have since ceased. It is odd tho that a small gap exists, I am sure I screwed it in properly, both sides flush as I could get them making sure that the screw was not protruding before inserting it. In any case, problem solved, and yes it is symmetrical I believe now.

Archived