Gibson Brands Forums

Dang. I just cut a chunk off my thumb

davidl

Sorry to hear that sharp knife cuts don't hurt at first but they make up for if later. Injury is never fun as a artist that makes jewelry and sculpture I'm always handling a blade or hot metal that was just turned or milled so small cut's and even worse burns are pretty normal unfortunately.

Cut's Ive gotten pretty good at avoiding unless Im carving linoleum as a printing block or engraving steel with a graver, but burns are another story you get rocking and rolling on something or even worse anneal something and lose track of your order of work or time reach down to pick up something and you burn a finger sometimes pretty bad. The bad thing is they don't usually bleed but blisters take a long time to heal. Sorry no great advice other than superglue and a slide this week but as a warning don't play anything with a maple neck with a damaged hand the blood really shows and freaks out the audience. [crying]

In a related way I guess I just got back from getting six stiches in a toe the one next to the little toe that I broke last week (Thursday) when my wife opened a door without knowing i was painting trim on the other side of the door. [crying]

Never would have thought it needed stitches but I've had butterfly bandages on it since last Thursday and I am still filling shoes with blood. The doctor just looked at it said it looks clean but you definitely need stitches. Oh well at least I don't need to fret with my toes.

Sorry to hear that sharp knife cuts don't hurt at first but they make up for if later. Injury is never fun as a artist that makes jewelry and sculpture I'm always handling a blade or hot metal that was just turned or milled so small cut's and even worse burns are pretty normal unfortunately.

Cut's Ive gotten pretty good at avoiding unless Im carving linoleum as a printing block or engraving steel with a graver, but burns are another story you get rocking and rolling on something or even worse anneal something and lose track of your order of work or time reach down to pick up something and you burn a finger sometimes pretty bad. The bad thing is they don't usually bleed but blisters take a long time to heal. Sorry no great advice other than superglue and a slide this week but as a warning don't play anything with a maple neck with a damaged hand the blood really shows and freaks out the audience. [crying]

In a related way I guess I just got back from getting six stiches in a toe the one next to the little toe that I broke last week (Thursday) when my wife opened a door without knowing i was painting trim on the other side of the door. [crying]

Never would have thought it needed stitches but I've had butterfly bandages on it since last Thursday and I am still filling shoes with blood. The doctor just looked at it said it looks clean but you definitely need stitches. Oh well at least I don't need to fret with my toes.

Sorry. Double post.

A real bummer with the toes.

That had to hurt like heck.

Good luck.

Dave

Archived