Gibson Brands Forums

does anyone have definitive info on the Les Paul DC Lite series?

geo-meo

I am the proud owner of a Les Paul DC Lite Plain top. It has an alnice 2 Neck pickup, and a 57 classic alnico 5 bridge pickup. It's trans blue, with gold hardware, and a gold truss rod cover. It has 24 frets, and grover tuners. It sounds amazing thru my Marshall jtm 45, and my '67 Traynor yba-1A. The tone is to die for, and I have never seen another like it. It is completely stock, and has never been "modded" Does anyone ever seen one? i'M THINKING THIS IS A ONE- OFF IT SSOUNDS LIKE A CROSS BETWEEN A 355 AND AN sg...HELP!!!!!!!!!!gEO

I am the proud owner of a Les Paul DC Lite Plain top. It has an alnice 2 Neck pickup, and a 57 classic alnico 5 bridge pickup. It's trans blue, with gold hardware, and a gold truss rod cover. It has 24 frets, and grover tuners. It sounds amazing thru my Marshall jtm 45, and my '67 Traynor yba-1A. The tone is to die for, and I have never seen another like it. It is completely stock, and has never been "modded" Does anyone ever seen one? i'M THINKING THIS IS A ONE- OFF IT SSOUNDS LIKE A CROSS BETWEEN A 355 AND AN sg...HELP!!!!!!!!!!gEO

I don't know why you need help............It's not a ONE-OFF.............It is an awesome guitar though......Keep it, or sell it to me....

Hey, you guys are funny! I know that it's a Les Paul DC lite, made in 1999. Gibson is a pain because they have no info on this anywhere. I found some other info, and I hadn't realized they made so many variations on this particular beast. And nah, I'm not gonna sell this one or any of my other Gibbies. I have a LP deluxe, an SG vos, and a 2009 VOS 1959 reissue. I'll post pics, sometime this week. I have about 10 in all, at any one time...I'm an addict... PRS custom 22, Fender custom shop La Cabronita, Jeff Beck strat, and a real 1968 maple cap neck Strat. (also several other strats and teles)

Pics would be nice.........Yes, Gibson did make many variations of the DC.....I wasn't buying guitars at the time, and when I started buying guitars again,

they stopped making them.....I love the DCs.....Gibson, as a privately held company, doesn't release much info on production numbers..........

I don't see many DCs on the used market, so, IMHO, this means owners like them...They also seem to keep their value quite well........

Archived