Gibson Brands Forums

ES-120T - Which case?

runnamukk

Hello great gurus of Gibsonia! I need to replace the tired, but original, case for my ES-120T. Which case should I be looking for, or rather, is there another Gibson body that matches closely enough? (Is it near enough in shape that a '335' style case would work?) Thanks so much in advance. This is a wonderful guitar, and I want to protect it while moving it between sites of playing enjoyment!

What a killer guitar you must have - post a pic! A 335 case might maybe work... you need to bring your guitar to a shop that you've called ahead to verify that they have a 335 *with case*

Sales guy will be tickled to see your vintage guitar and will be happy (and very curious) to let you see if it fits.

I would think aftermarket 335 cases would be the most common. Anyway if it doesn't fit try a 135 case or a 137 case (harder to come by though).

Actually I strongly recommend looking into the specs/dimensions of the Epiphone line and hunting for a used Epi case.

....good luck....

Hello great gurus of Gibsonia! I need to replace the tired, but original, case for my ES-120T. Which case should I be looking for, or rather, is there another Gibson body that matches closely enough? (Is it near enough in shape that a '335' style case would work?) Thanks so much in advance. This is a wonderful guitar, and I want to protect it while moving it between sites of playing enjoyment!

Hi - A 335 size caseshould be just fine.

Here is a shot of my ES-120 (converted to an ES-125TD with the addition of 2 GFS P-90's) in a 335-size standard TKL case.

Body fits fine; headstock comes up a little short, but the neck is well supported and protected.

Hope this helps -

Dougg330

Archived