Gibson Brands Forums

Whats this guitar worth?

jeffv145

I am looking at buying this guitar and I want to know about what it's worth: A natural finish gold hardware 1970s Epiphone with the Gibson style mustache headstock, bolt on, in very good condition. He wants 300$.

post-33163-031343400 1305174779_thumb.jpg

Would this happen to be the same guitar as this? Not sure on the price, but remember google is your friend.

Yes, it's the same one I posted about a couple days ago. It's fairly priced at $250-$275, imho, after researching completed items on Ebay and given this one's overall condition and playability (NO ISSUES!). Buy it [thumbup]

The local store just had one in and slapped a price tag of $299 on it meaning you could probably snag it for between $250 and $275

But is it worth it as an instrument? I've played the newer set neck Indonesian Wilshire reproductions for 3-400$, is this similar? I need to make sure that this is what I'm in the market for before I make a day out of going to check it out. My hands are tiny and neck speed in pretty important. Also we're talking Japan epiphone right?

The thread it was originally posted in says it was a Japanese Epi yes. You might want to shot musicmaker99 a PM and ask him all the questions you have. Would probably be much quicker than posting here.

The neck was a replica of a standard maple fender strat.

You want fast? Ibanez Wizard neck (1 or 2)....or a Fender Telecaster FMT HH (I just sold mine last week).

I know in Uptown where theres an Ibanez RoadStar for $150 in pristine condition. It's not a wizard neck but it's very nice and inexpensive (and Japanese made).

Archived