Gibson Brands Forums

LP Goldtop '56 Reissue

Riptide

I've been using my friends Epi LP Goldtop '56 Reissue and I want to buy it off of him but I want to make sure I offer what it's worth because I know he will try to sell it to me for less. (Good friend, eh? [biggrin] )

Anyway, I know that he got it used but that's about it as far as it's past goes. It's in pretty good shape, the neck and frets are fine, the finish is perfect and it plays great... the only thing I've had problems with is that sometimes the strings (A and G mainly) buzz a little when I play them open but that's just when I'm not playing it hooked up... through the amp I don't think it's effecting the sound at all.

So what do you think?

I say about thee-fiddy.

But, the cool thing about friends, just do for him what you would want him or others to do for you. Maybe he paid 450, nothing wrong with paying him what he paid and making up for him paying too much. or maybe he only paid 2 bills and he wants to not make a profit from you.

Freinds are always worth more than money. You seem like the friend type. If he insist in not accepting more than you think he deserves, then maybe reach into your bag of goods and hook him up with a free pedal or something that he likes and maybe wants more than you.

Archived