Gibson Brands Forums

Cats?

Silenced Fred

Both my wife and I couldn't stand cats until our eldest daughter had to move out of her apartment to one that didn't allow cats.Of course she talked us into taking her cat,Tiddy,the cat was very cranky and aloof and hated being picked up or cuddled but there was someting about her that we found endearing.Our youngest daughter then got a black cat that I promptly named Snowball and low and behold she moved away and left Snowball with us.Then we took in a starving feral cat that took us a couple of months to trust us enough to come into the house.I named him in honor of my favourite garage band"Scruffy The Cat" from Boston.

MY nephew was the next to move away and since my sister and her husband aren't animal lover types we ended up with his cat"Tranny"-they didn't know what gender he was hence Tranny for trans-gendered.So now we have Tiddy,Snowball,Scruffy the Cat and Tranny as well as our 90lb.German Shepherd Poco,quite the houseful especially when they all get playful at the same time.BTW Scruffy and Poco are inseparable,you never see one without the other and they'll often lie on the floor taking turns grooming each other.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

We had a cat called scruffy when I was very young. My brother just got a kitten for his kids and called it scruffy.

I bet you don't stand at the door calling Tranny in for dinner though. My wife wanted to call the dog Talula, I told her there was no way I was standing in the park shouting Talula.

Archived