Gibson Brands Forums

Success with PR350E!!!!

Thawk Dean

A while back I posted a problem with my PR350E that had a TWANG on the B-string. The shop I finally took it to diagnosed the problem as a worn saddle and grooved first 4 fretts. The tech did a GREAT job on it. I didn't want the expense of a custom bone saddle and he couldn't find an "off the shelf" Tusq saddle. So, he shimmed the saddle. He was also able to just refrett the first 4 and polish them into alignment. the sound is BACK!!! As an extra benefit, he found the reason by e-pickup wasn't working, it was in the saddle slot askew. Straightening the PU in the slot has resulted in my PR350E back to being an "E". The only downside is that the action went up about .008" at the 12th frett. As a newbie/hack, I can't tell the difference. HAPPY DAYS!!! Keeping it Fun, Dean

Way to go Dean, glad to see that you are still having fun with it and as long as you keep it that way thats all that matters. And its amazing how just being slight askew in the saddle slot you can loose vibration to the pick-up.Well glad to hear you managed to get it fixed and that extra height is not anu=ything to worry your fingers over they'll never notice it.Ship

Archived