Gibson Brands Forums

My New Gibson Custom LP Axcess

Rewddawg

• 1 month later...

Wow - sweet color! I'm considering an Axcess, and am curious about the neck profile. My favorite LP neck so far is the 60's slim-tapered. I have a '68 reissue which has a neck somewhere in between slim tapered and the asymmetrical necks that come with the new LP standards, and it's pretty comfortable, too. Not as big a fan of the new asymmetrical necks on LP standards - a little on the chunky side for me. Where would you consider the Axcess by way of comparison?

Wow - sweet color! I'm considering an Axcess, and am curious about the neck profile. My favorite LP neck so far is the 60's slim-tapered. I have a '68 reissue which has a neck somewhere in between slim tapered and the asymmetrical necks that come with the new LP standards, and it's pretty comfortable, too. Not as big a fan of the new asymmetrical necks on LP standards - a little on the chunky side for me. Where would you consider the Axcess by way of comparison?

I would have to say the neck profile on my guitar is somewhere in between not quite as slim as some of the 60's slim tapered but slim enough to still be fast on IMHO. Since they are all made by custom shop I am sure the necks very.

• 4 weeks later...

Beautiful!! I have one in Ice Tea. Is yours equipped with 496r and 498t pup's? How do they sound? Mine has burstbucker 1 and 2 I don't like their sound. I wanted something with more bright.

Yeah, mine has the 496R/498T pups. They are pretty hot pups but fit the styles of music I play. (hard rock to some metal). I have heard alot of complaints about the Burstbucker pups esp the neck pup. Personally I can't comment because I don't recall having played thru them. The local guitar shop doesn't have any guitars with them in any of their guitars to do a side to side comparison. You can always swap pups cheaper than swapping for another guitar but you probably already knew that. lol

Rewd

Yeah, mine has the 496R/498T pups. They are pretty hot pups but fit the styles of music I play. (hard rock to some metal). I have heard alot of complaints about the Burstbucker pups esp the neck pup. Personally I can't comment because I don't recall having played thru them. The local guitar shop doesn't have any guitars with them in any of their guitars to do a side to side comparison. You can always swap pups cheaper than swapping for another guitar but you probably already knew that. lol

Rewd

i bought 496r and 498t will install them soon.

• 7 months later...

Archived