Gibson Brands Forums

VOS R0 serial check

jofipe_dk

Google "Gibson serial numbers".

Yes, plekd.

Cheers for the answer.

I guess it's made in August 2006... that means the Plek machine was in full use?

Also.. Whats the difference between this one and a new R0? I know new ones have top hat knobs....

New ones do not have top hats. The only R0s that do not come come with reflectors from the factory are Version 1 & 2 50th anniversary R0s. All other R0s come with reflectors but anyone can change them as the previous owner of your guitar likely did.

Difference between yours and a new one.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/26489-2009-les-paul-reissue-changed-features/

New ones do not have top hats. The only R0s that do not come come with reflectors from the factory are Version 1 & 2 50th anniversary R0s. All other R0s come with reflectors but anyone can change them as the previous owner of your guitar likely did.

Difference between yours and a new one.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/26489-2009-les-paul-reissue-changed-features/

Thanks! :)

Also a funny thing about mine is the gloss finish, but the worn hardware... normally the gloss ones have chrome hardwere right?

Where can i get original knobs with silver reflectors? seems to be only gold/gold available.

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Also a funny thing about mine is the gloss finish, but the worn hardware... normally the gloss ones have chrome hardwere right?

Where can i get original knobs with silver reflectors? seems to be only gold/gold available.

If you are in the UK I have a set I can send you FOC. I bought them and put them on my R6, didn't like them, took them off again!

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, The R0's are made with Nickel hardware originally,as Standard stock production. Gloss or VOS models. Sounds like you have a VOS that has been polished up. Or Someone changed the hardware.

Archived