Gibson Brands Forums

Unknown SG

Folforro

Hi, I'm Folforro from Mexico City. please somebody must know:

about 10 years ago I bought a very used and misused guitar with the shape of a Gibson SG, it was repainted in white (yeack!!!) already yellowich, no brand decals or anything. I thought it was one of those fakes probably

chinese but I scrapped it completely and found the holes of a probable tailpiece with tremolo (like Robbie Krigger's) and I repainted it , not with enamel or flack but with what we call in Mexico "Alcohol ink" so gave the red

transparent finish Gibson usually have in those models. my cuestion is specifically for the pickups, thou I still doubt the autenticity, the sound of them was extreamely clean and should I say delicious like an old 57' and still do, but when I unasembled the guitar, the pickups didnt have the "classic" decal "Patent applied for" or a decal with "patent pending" but an engraved patent pending sign, a couple of dots of yellow soldering and no visible wax

Can anybody tell. I would, really apreciate.

by the way, the neck of this guitar finally gave up an the body is actually a lamp in my studio, the pickups are; the bridge one is in a new SG special, and the neck one is in a ES-175 I own.

thank you

Archived