Gibson Brands Forums

R7 vs. R8 vs. R9

Neck profiles are "usually" different. the R7 is slightly bigger than the R8 which is bigger than the R9, but all 3 can be ordered with different neck sizes by the dealer. Also there is the color. "Normally" and R7 is a goldtop with a natural or dark back where the R8 & R9 are bursts. The R8 has a plain or mild flame top where the R9 has a more pronounced flame. The R7 & R8 will be less money than the R9. If it is an older model, the R9 may have a brown case and the R7 & R8 will have a black case. These are general things as all of it can be ordered differently, kind of like looking at new cars on a dealers lot.

Neck profiles are "usually" different. the R7 is slightly bigger than the R8 which is bigger than the R9, but all 3 can be ordered with different neck sizes by the dealer. Also there is the color. "Normally" and R7 is a goldtop with a natural or dark back where the R8 & R9 are bursts. The R8 has a plain or mild flame top where the R9 has a more pronounced flame. The R7 & R8 will be less money than the R9. If it is an older model, the R9 may have a brown case and the R7 & R8 will have a black case. These are general things as all of it can be ordered differently, kind of like looking at new cars on a dealers lot.

Thanks! The R9 will probably be too expencive for me. I've already tried out the R7 and R8 and realy like em'.

Thanks! The R9 will probably be too expencive for me. I've already tried out the R7 and R8 and realy like em'.

Don't forget the R0. Its fabulous with the slimmer tapered neck. Still in the same price range as the R9 though.

Archived