Gibson Brands Forums

Which humbucker in a 1994 335?

adius

I'm pretty sure that they are '57 Classics but others on the forum will know more than me.

Thanks. My old brain and memory somehow had Gibson putting the '57 classics in a few years later than '94. Not trying to dispute your point. Just pointing out the basis for my confusion. The reason I ask is that they sound a bit muddy to me when compared to others (strings are new).

I can't find any definitive reference on this for that time period. The easiest way to figure it out is to slack the strings all the way off, undo the four black phillips head screws holding down the retaining ring (not the two pickup height screws), and gently lift out the pickups. Turn them over, and note any sticker, engraving or serial number.

Photograph the fronts and backs, and post them here. Someone will tell you exactly what you have

I can't find any definitive reference on this for that time period. The easiest way to figure it out is to slack the strings all the way off, undo the four black phillips head screws holding down the retaining ring (not the two pickup height screws), and gently lift out the pickups. Turn them over, and note any sticker, engraving or serial number.

Photograph the fronts and backs, and post them here. Someone will tell you exactly what you have

Will do. Thanks!

Edit: They're gold. Nothing under the neck pu but the bridge has a label that reads, "Patent Applied For." Now I know. Appreciate the suggestion.

Archived