Gibson Brands Forums

new tuners on 335

laurentius

hi there,

my first post in this great forum.

I bought a wonderful custom shop es 335 (light caramel). It's an amazing guitar with exceptional dynamics, sound and playability. One thing though sucks alot: the tuning stabilty/handling. Those vintage tuners (deluxe) don't feel comfortable at all. And no matter how much graphite powder I use at the nut. One longer bending and the guitar is out of tune.

On my Ibanez PM100 (which is one of the best guitars I have ever played) there are gotoh tuners installed and this guitar simply never gets out of tune - no matter how long I play it or stay away from it.

What tuners / machine heads would you guys recommend me in terms of the best handling and stability. I don't exactly care for the 100% authentic vintage look ;-)

Cheers,

Laurentius

I'll simply state that "tuning problems" are rarely caused by the tuning machines. Even cheap tuners are quite capable of keeping a guitar in tune. It's probably something else, perhaps improper winding around tuner posts, strings not stretched properly, intonation not properly set, tight nut slots.......

-

Archived