Gibson Brands Forums

Help: Wiring Diagram for 2 P90's w/push pull for phase

KrisMiller

I cant find a wiring diagram for 2 P90's, 2 Vol, 2 Tone, 3-Way switch w/(one push pull DPDT for Phase)... Anybody have a diagram or know where I can find one? I've looked all over forums & websites like Seymour Duncan, LesPaul Forum, ect ect but w/no luck. Thank you to anybody who can help. Kris Miller

You can't really change the phase on a single P90,(well, you can, but if you only have a single pickup guitar, you won't hear any difference) as it has only one coil, but, you can change the phase relationship between 2 P90s.

This isn't gonna' be easy to do, as P90s usually only have 2 conductors, hot and shield (ground)

To be able to change the phase, you are gonna' have to make the shield hot and the hot shield, and vice versa via a switch.

You should be able to figure it out, but, you may get a bunch more noise than you bargained for.

If you like the out of phase sound, and want it permanently, just remove one of the pickups, turn it 180 degrees, and re-install. The 2 pickups will be mechanically out of phase with each other.

Archived