Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone EB-0 neck heel width?

Epitone

I was wondering if anyone might know how wide the heel width on an eb-0 neck was since it's a short scale bass. I'm asking because I have a project that I'm attempting involving a 60's Kay acoustic with a bolt on neck and I was hoping that I could swap the current neck (2-1/4" at the heel) with an eb-0 neck, and vice-versa. Most short scale basses have a 2-3/16" neck, and while that would be acceptable, I'd have to fill in the neck pocket a bit to get it to fit, and then would have to route out the neck pocket on the eb-0 to fit the Kay neck, and that would be a bit of work that I'd like to avoid. If nothing else, I could look to getting another bass neck with a 2-14" heel if anyone has any suggestions (and hopefully at a reasonable price)

If it is larger that 2-1/4 at the very end of the neck then that should be perfectly fine, i believe the Kay does that as well so it would be perfect if it was a bit wider, I may have do do a bit of routing regardless but it's good to hear that at least some eb-0s have 2-1/4" widths when entering the body of the bass

Archived