Gibson Brands Forums

Addicted to Heavy Metal?

dem00n

You aren't saying Priest is not metal, right?

By Genre they would be yes, but to me I lump them into the Classic Rock section because frankly 30 years from now people will still be listening to them, I know this might offend some so here's why I do this.

A lot of metal bands these days are crap, they try the heavily distorted power chords with no substance to them some with weak solos or none at all, cookie monster vocals (it works when done right) Metal Aficionados will understand this best. I blame this on the fact that EMO crap gets confused as metal as has tainted the hallowed ground, wait blood stained battlefields that were metal. So to save these precious bands from getting lumped in with trash I have tucked them away elsewhere, just like people dont consider the founding three heavy metal bands (Zeppelin, Sabbath, Deep Purple) as metal bands. I lump both Judas Priest and Iron Maiden into that group just because it will be a long time before people forget them.

Article has to be fake. That is a waste of money. Been an addict for 20 years but never officially diagnosed by a "professional" [rolleyes]

Must not be collectioning the Metalhead Assistance money either :P

I have not been receiving any W2s for it....uh oh

I would probably be on an extended program with them, get the little handicapped person flag and stuff for parking, discounts at restaurants all that good jazz.

Archived