Gibson Brands Forums

Durability of a Gibson Custom Hardshell Case?

MrAwesome

Long story short, My Gibson Guitar was inside its Hard case on the floor locked up. My Brother was playing around and pushed back into my room as I was trying too leave, and I unintentionally stepped back wards and kinda stomped back with force with my right foot to get my balance so I wouldn't fall. Unfortunately my Gibson Guitar case with my Gibson Guitar was inside was right there and I stomped right in the middle of it (right abve the 'Gibson Custom Logo'!! I was SO FREAKEN PISSED In what I stepped on and I shoved my bother back really hard! I checked too see if there was any case damage (luckily there was not because it was my bare foot) then I opened it up and checked out my guitar, but I can't tell if there was any damage! I have an OCD problem, and in the back of my head its telling me something is wrong, but at the same time I dont think there is! My Brother said its just an instrument! and that i'm too obsessed? Sure I have OCD, but its not just an Instrument!

Please can someone tell me how protective Custom Gibson Guitar Hard Cases are? Would my Gibson Guitar be Safe in this incident I just had? Are these hard body cases really made of tough plastic which prevents damage to the instrument in the event that someone should step on it, drop it, or spill something? Please If its ture can someone convince me its safe? that nothings wrong? I can't seem to convince myself

I think you've already answered your own questions. Gibson CS cases are decent but there are better ones out there. Look at buying a flight case if you're this paranoid about it. Better yet, keep your guitars off the floor where they can be stepped on.

One of the better cases would be this one unless you are wanting a metal flight case or a really good designer case that looks like your original case. There are a few professionals traveling with them. I am happy with mine except I can not put my Les Paul with a Bigsby in it. This case will cost about the same as replacing your Gibson Custom Shop case. This is just something to check out and may not be what you need.

DV019_Jpg_Regular_H70856.001_with_open_cavity_loaded_V.jpg

3i Series injection molded waterproof cases are constructed of ultra high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin and feature a gasketed, waterproof and airtight, submersible design that is resistant to corrosion and impact damage. Its continuous molded-in hinge, patented "trigger release" latch system with TSA recognized and accepted locks, four reinforced locking loops for customer supplied locks,comfortable, snap-down rubber over-molded cushion grip handles, secure stacking, and automatic ambient pressure equalization valve all contribute to its military grade design.

They are available at a lot of stores, The link below is just for reference, not that I am recommending them.

SKB ATA case

This case will not work if you have a Bigsby on your Les Paul or you have another model Gibson. It is great for my vintage Les Paul Junior. They may have other models available.

I am in not way endorsing the case, nor do I have any connections to the manufacture or sale of them. It is just a case that works for me.

Archived