Gibson Brands Forums

What Makes People Moody in the Morning?

bluesguitar65

Lack of respect for those around them.

We all are a bit discombobulated in the morning. Half awake, agonizing about getting our morning ablutions completed before jetting out the door. This makes us feel harried and/or vulnerable. As such we get a bit defensive and short with others. We can choose to not take it out on those around us, or make someone else more miserable.

Take the high road. Smile, whether you want to or not.

Don't like that feeling in the a.m.? Set the clock a little earlier. Give yourself some 'oops' time in case something goes wrong. Lay out your clothes, make your lunch, put your keys where you can find them. Put the things you need to take with you by your keys Go to bed earlier if need be. You'll feel a whole bunch better in the a.m. if you aren't starting the day behind the 8 ball.

It's just part of a persons nature whether there a morning person or a night owl - I hate mornings and getting up early. I usually don't even go to bed until 4 or 5 in the morning so trying to get me up before 9 or 10 is pretty uncomfortable and dangerous for everybody involved. When I was still working full time morning were really rough I would go into the office and get at least a few cups of coffee and check mail for a hour of so before my secretary or any of the employees would even come near me if it wasn't an emergency. Now the reverse was true though if you need something done at 3 a.m. I'm glad to help and I'll even be almost friendly.

Archived