Gibson Brands Forums

2000 57 Historic

Junior57

I have just got my hands on a Historic Goldtop, a 57 from 2000....could you guys tell me how good a guitar this is? Im really happy with it overall.....Im wondering if I should upgrade the pots to CTS ones along with Bumblebee caps and correct wiring loom....thoughts would be appreciated!

If you are happy with the guitar then our opinions should not matter. I bet it is a great guitar. As far as changes, each one of us will have a different opinion. I would replace the pots with RS Super pots and the caps with either real vintage paper in oil or the new Russian paper in oil caps. That is just my opinion and caps vary from one to another. You may want to get a bunch of different caps and a set of test leads to test the caps without actually soldering each one in. test leads Take the old caps out and use 4 of the test leads so you can quickly change the caps without much trouble. Find the caps that get the tone you want. But in the end, if you are happy with it now, don't do any mods that can not be reversed and put back to the way you like it now.

Archived