Gibson Brands Forums

EJ-200

Alan189

I was thinking about changing the tuners on my EJ-200 to Grover 135g tuners for purely cosmetic reasons.

I prefer the look of these, I changed the tuners on my Les Paul from the Grover kidney shaped to the Kluson type too, just looks better, to me.

Have any of you guys changed the tuners? I'd like to see some pictures of the outcome. The ones on my Les Paul are nickle plated. I'll be gettin the gold ones for the EJ-200.

Also meant to say, these tuners are on the original Gibson J-200 guitar.

I want to change the bridge pins to the Gibson J-200 ones too, does anyone know where I can get them (from UK)?

Cheers.

I was thinking about changing the tuners on my EJ-200 to Grover 135g tuners for purely cosmetic reasons.

I prefer the look of these, I changed the tuners on my Les Paul from the Grover kidney shaped to the Kluson type too, just looks better, to me.

Have any of you guys changed the tuners? I'd like to see some pictures of the outcome. The ones on my Les Paul are nickle plated. I'll be gettin the gold ones for the EJ-200.

Also meant to say, these tuners are on the original Gibson J-200 guitar.

I want to change the bridge pins to the Gibson J-200 ones too, does anyone know where I can get them (from UK)?

Cheers.

Not sure if you've done it already but if you want to make a drastic improvement in the tone of your Epiphone EJ200 replace the plastic saddle with a bone one.

If you haven't yet (or anyone else reading) absolutely do the plastic to bone swap on the nut and saddle. I bought my EJ 200 because I needed the Jumbo boom for a gig coming up and I didn’t have the cash for a Gibson or Taylor. Sounded great from the start but after the swap, the increase in sustain and clarity was unbelievable. I had the luthier do some work on the action (lowered it) and it plays as smooth as silk. I had a chance to play an SJ 200 and my EJ together and I couldn’t tell enough difference that I could identify which was which with my eyes closed. So that’s about a $2500 savings after all the aftermarket work. By the way, I also added a Fishman under saddle pickup with pre-amp and sound hole controls. Sweet guitar and way beyond th quality of the total $800 price tag.

Archived