Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone ever seen one of these?

RobinTheHood

It looks to be a Les Paul Special II Goth, but I've never heard of such a guitar and I cant find any info on them. I found this pic and one other that could very well be the same guitar. Everything about it looks right as far as being an Epiphone in general, but I've never heard of a Special II Goth.

Anyone ever seen such a thing? A limited edition or a hoax, maybe? Or maybe a special run for the UK or Canada like they did with the korina Special & Jr. Cant find info about them either, but I know those are real. Any thoughts?

LPspecial2goth.jpg

LPspecialIIgothheadstock.jpg

Never seen it before... [confused]

speaking of other specials....

Ltd.Ed. LP special I

and

Ltd.Ed. SG junior

http://www.thomann.d...epiphone&oa=pra

Yep. I already have those up. Well, I didnt make a new entry for the SG Jr. because its the same as the old models AFAIK. I just added the new satin finishes to the list. Thanks for looking out though. [thumbup]

It looks to be a Les Paul Special II Goth, but I've never heard of such a guitar and I cant find any info on them. I found this pic and one other that could very well be the same guitar. Everything about it looks right as far as being an Epiphone in general, but I've never heard of a Special II Goth.

Anyone ever seen such a thing? A limited edition or a hoax, maybe? Or maybe a special run for the UK or Canada like they did with the korina Special & Jr. Cant find info about them either, but I know those are real. Any thoughts?

I haven't seen such an unusual model. The neck's only dot inlays at the 12th fret are what seem to set it apart from all others I've seen, and you too, I guess.

FWIW, there seem to be more Les Paul Special II bodies and necks, available separately, than any other Epiphone models, from what I've been seeing on eBag. Retailers and individual sellers seem to be almost automatically removing the necks to sell the separate parts instead of trying to sell used assembled Special IIs.

A unique looking model like this one could be the exception if there were many of them made.

Regards,

Bill

I haven't seen such an unusual model. The neck's only dot inlays at the 12th fret are what seem to set it apart from all others I've seen, and you too, I guess.

FWIW, there seem to be more Les Paul Special II bodies and necks, available separately, than any other Epiphone models, from what I've been seeing on eBag. Retailers and individual sellers seem to be almost automatically removing the necks to sell the separate parts instead of trying to sell used assembled Special IIs.

A unique looking model like this one could be the exception if there were many of them made.

Regards,

Bill

Yeah, that would be the major difference. The others, as you know, have "XII" at the 12th except for the 7-String LP and the X-treme SG, which both have all of the dot fret markers. Its a neat guitar and I would love the have its legitimacy verified. I'm afraid its staying out of the wiki until I can find some info about it.

Archived