Gibson Brands Forums

SG Junior

Malchik

You are a man after my own heart! I would buy a small guard junior (cherry or white)in a heartbeat if they made one and I'm sure there are many others who feel the same! Maybe they'll get around to it one day soon couldn't be too difficult or expensive to set up production I'm sure. I have one of the original 250 Pete Townshend "Live at Leeds" Specials and a small guard Junior would make a perfect companion for it! Regards Simon

• 5 weeks later...

You are a man after my own heart! I would buy a small guard junior (cherry or white)in a heartbeat if they made one and I'm sure there are many others who feel the same! Maybe they'll get around to it one day soon couldn't be too difficult or expensive to set up production I'm sure. I have one of the original 250 Pete Townshend "Live at Leeds" Specials and a small guard Junior would make a perfect companion for it! Regards Simon

I was feeling exactly as you are. Here it is. I have waited about 10 years for these specs. Not yet announced on Gibson web site.

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/127410359.php?CategoryID=10&n=39

Sweetwater and MusiciansFriend are also selling them.post-36854-060483700 1319982808_thumb.jpg

I was feeling exactly as you are. Here it is. I have waited about 10 years for these specs. Not yet announced on Gibson web site.

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/127410359.php?CategoryID=10&n=39

Sweetwater and MusiciansFriend are also selling them.post-36854-060483700 1319982808_thumb.jpg

As an additional note, this is not an historic for sure, sorry if it shocks anyone. This is not a "perfect historical" reproduction. But it looks like a beautiful player. The price is extremly good. I have two historic that I really love, but for me an SG junior, with a wraparound, a shinny finish, a small pickguard, a dog-ear P90, below 900$, please me a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I agree. Along with CORRECTING THE HISTORICAL ACCURACY OF THE SG BODY SHAPE/SCARFING/HORN-TAPERING/ETC on the "Historic"/CS Standards and Customs (and Specials, of course), I really think it's time for an early-to-mid 60's dogear pickguard Junior. I loved my '63 LP/SG w/vibrola, and would jump on the opportunity to get a sensibly-priced, reasonably-accurate replica. Although I've gotta' go out on a limb and say in addition to the cherry and white finishes howabout Pelham Blue and Candy Apple Red too? :)

H

I don't know how they nerf'd up the knob placement so bad. forty years of reissues and this is the first time they put the knobs in the Les Paul junior control positions.

This is not an historic, this is new guitar with 60s inspiration. I just bought one and this is a really great guitar. I also have an historic LP (R8) which I love, but this SG junior at 850$ is really a good deal.

I don't know how they nerf'd up the knob placement so bad. forty years of reissues and this is the first time they put the knobs in the Les Paul junior control positions.

Absolutely correct there. Because HISTORIC OR NOT, there's never been an "SG JUNIOR" with this particular knob placement, so I can't figure out whose bright idea that was. Would've loved to see the '61 RI body and neck joint too, along with a gloss finish, but hey, my wife's glad that's one less guitar I'll be buying, so...lol

It would be asinine NOT to release a proper (meaning "Historic" and authentic) early/mid-60's SG Junior reissue at some point though. Of course, I've said the same thing about tweaking the current offerings to make them more authentic as well, but they seem to be kind of doing the most confusing and whimsical randomness with SG's overall instead of those few things that make obvious sense. But hey, what can you do other than make some suggestions, tell 'em "hey, if you build this I will buy it" and wait? Oh well. :P

H

Archived