Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Pro

12BarD

Sorry if this is a repeat.

Have any of you used this program? What do you think of it? Most important, well to me, can you play songs through it and have it charted for you? ie. Songs that you can not find sheet music for.

Thanks

Oh, Saw Smokin' Joe Kubek and Bnois King last night. Those cats can play!!!!!

I have used it and love it. The only draw back to me is when you cant find

the tab for the songs you are looking for.

Most important' date=' well to me, can you play songs through it and have it charted for you? ie. Songs that you can not find sheet music for.[/quote']

I asked this same question before on a different forum and didnt really

get a yes or no answer, mostly people thinking that you couldnt but werent really

sure.

Personally I think that there has to be a way to do it. I really cant see people taking the time to

tab everything out. (drums, bass, guitar or guitars plus vocals.)

So if its possible I too would really like to know how to do it.

I downloaded the trial version, it's a pretty cool program. The sound effects suck, though!

You can download the full version of Power Tab for free.

It's almost the same program, buy I found Guitar Pro was better.

Most important' date=' well to me, can you play songs through it and have it charted for you? ie. Songs that you can not find sheet music for.[/quote']

The answer I got was no, it cannot produce script because the signal coming out of your guitar is not digital.

There's another program that I looked into called Sequel (may be spelled differently). It's basically Garage Band for Windows.

I was going to buy it buy held off because I might be buying a Mac sooner or later.

Another thing to consider is the patch chord required to connect to your computer.

I'm sure there are cheaper ones out there, but my local music store only carries one and it's $150!

$150 for a frick'n patch chord/USB cable...WTF??

Thanks for the imput. If the signal needs to be digital, what if you have a song by the actual artist in MIDI form and run it through the program, I wonder if it will chart it then????

I think a phone call is in order here to the folks at Guitar Pro.

Thanks again

Archived