Gibson Brands Forums

neck crack

leopoldo

Hi

IM TRYING TO BUY TY LP CUSTOM in England. It had a repair and Im afraid this could modify original sound or cause problems with tunning it the seller says:

THERE HAS BEEN A REPAIR TO THE HEADSTOCK BUT THIS IS ROCK SOLID AND HAS NEVER CAUSED ANY PROBLEMS. you can see the thin line on the neck The headstock has never been off the guitar, it had a knock that left a small crack and this was glued in 1978 by the original owner and has never moved so the neck is still as strong as when the guitar was new.

Could someone give an opinion neck.tiff

thanks leopoldo

I would pass on this guitar. A 1978 Gibson was made during a period when Gibson quality was really poor. A headstock crack like this where the owner apparently repaired it himself and/or with the help of a repairman is NOT something to go longing after. I would definitely look further especially given what the world economy is at the present time. You will find the right guitar but NOT this one. Just my opinion of course. Good Luck! jim in Maine

Hi

IM TRYING TO BUY TY LP CUSTOM in England. It had a repair and Im afraid this could modify original sound or cause problems with tunning it the seller says:

THERE HAS BEEN A REPAIR TO THE HEADSTOCK BUT THIS IS ROCK SOLID AND HAS NEVER CAUSED ANY PROBLEMS. you can see the thin line on the neck The headstock has never been off the guitar, it had a knock that left a small crack and this was glued in 1978 by the original owner and has never moved so the neck is still as strong as when the guitar was new.

Could someone give an opinion neck.tiff

thanks leopoldo

If the price is under $2000 I would definitely take a chance on it...

As for the quality of 70's Gibson... I have three in that era, and the quality are top notch on all of them [thumbup]

Archived