Gibson Brands Forums

dirty pots

duckmanmike

Hello,

I just purchased a used 57r LP made in 2001. It is a great guitar but it does seem to have a few issues. The first is that the pots are very scratchy.

In the past, I would just spray some contact cleaner in them , but I'm not sure if this would be ok for this really nice LP.Doe anyone have advice for this?

Second thing is that I have noticed , when using both PUs (middle position on the selector toggle) that if I turn down the front volume just a little the overall tone takes a big jump over to the other PU sound. It is not a smooth tone change at all. Is this normal?

Thanks

all

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I just purchased a used 57r LP made in 2001. It is a great guitar but it does seem to have a few issues. The first is that the pots are very scratchy.

In the past, I would just spray some contact cleaner in them , but I'm not sure if this would be ok for this really nice LP.Doe anyone have advice for this?

Second thing is that I have noticed , when using both PUs (middle position on the selector toggle) that if I turn down the front volume just a little the overall tone takes a big jump over to the other PU sound. It is not a smooth tone change at all. Is this normal?

Thanks

all

Mike

Not sure what cleaner you used but try a can of this from a store near you or order it here http://www.amazon.com/DeOxit-Cleaning-Solution-Spray-spray/dp/B0002BBV4G

Archived