Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Riviera P93 WR

Soupy1957

Just brought home my first Archtop guitar ever (and I'm 54........lol) and wondered two things:

A) What's the "WR" at the end of the model name mean?

Wine Red.

B) Are there any Owners Manuals available? Where?

Should have been shipped with the guitar. Here's the manual that usually comes with all new Epiphone guitars:

Epiphone Owners Manual

One more question, if I may.........

How would I know the "Limited Edition" from the non "Limited Edition?" Just by "LE" (presumably) on the label inside the guitar? Or are there specific features on the "Limited Edition" that I should see?

By the way..........here's a camera shot.....(if the "attachment" feature in here does what I suspect it will do)..........

-Soupy1957

post-18420-048659400 1318158540_thumb.jpg

Um.................In general, for Epiphone, 'Limited Edition' doesn't mean it is going to be rare...........

I bought a "Limited Edition" Epi LP well over a year ago, and they are still being made..................

I view an Epi "Limited Edition" as meaning it's a really nice guitar to own................

Damian,

So..........since mine looks like the one in between the white and gold bodied guitars, I'll guess mine is classified "Limited." Yes? Of course, I don't necessarily consider it "special" in any way let's say, since you didn't define any particular feature as unique, but still.........

-Soupy1957

Damian,

So..........since mine looks like the one in between the white and gold bodied guitars, I'll guess mine is classified "Limited." Yes? Of course, I don't necessarily consider it "special" in any way let's say, since you didn't define any particular feature as unique, but still.........

-Soupy1957

Soupy; Yes, mine is the same model as yours is....It now also comes in white, and in gold...As a collector, I want to own all three....

When one thinks of the Riviera, as an Epi model in general, there are many many versions of it...Many....So, what makes the P-3

very unique is the fact that it comes stock with the three P-90s....When Epi discontinues making these, then their availability will

begin to wane, depending upon the demand for them, new, and used....These are holding their own price wise on E-Bay, which

is a good sign that they'll at least hold their value....Hope that helps....As far as "Epi Custom Shop" goes, I'll quote a well known

and respected member here; " There is no Epi Custom Shop, only E.C.S. stickers and decals. " Feel free to interperet that any

way you wish......Some Epis ARE given the FULL royal treatment, and are priced as such...It really is an interesting world of

guitars and guitar building....I'm a guitar wh*re and collector; I have two on route via U.P.S., both used...One is an old customized

S.G. that I'm slapping a Bigsby on, and will treasure forever.....The other a MIA Strat for recording...I own many Strats as well........

Anyways, I do consider the P-3 a guitar worthy of being called Limited, and Special.....The build quality is TOP NOTCH...................

Sorry to interrupt, but I believe ALL the P93s (red white and gold) are "Limited Edition" - It's just a marketing term that lost it's meaning once they figured out it was a hit. It was such a success that not only did they not limit the WR model run, they added two more colors. I expect they'll keep making them all until unit sales drop below the profitability cutoff of some maufacturing matrix that we will never see.

BTW, I like my WR P93, and although it's not the nicest guit I own, I have no immediate plans to sell it.

I believe ALL the P93s (red white and gold) are "Limited Edition" - It's just a marketing term that lost it's meaning once they figured out it was a hit. It was such a success that not only did they not limit the WR model run, they added two more colors. I expect they'll keep making them all until unit sales drop below the profitability cutoff of some maufacturing matrix that we will never see.

BTW, I like my WR P93, and although it's not the nicest guit I own, I have no immediate plans to sell it.

+1. Epiphone makes a lot of Limited Editions, which are targeted for certain big chains, and not listed on their website. I changed out the stock bridge in my P-93 for a roller bridge (from StewMac) and upgraded the PU's, although the stock P-90's weren't bad.

Archived